41853847
CSDESKPLNL
Zobrazit kategorie

The Turnov area: Around the prehistoric settlements of Sychrov

An undemanding trip without any steep climbs or descents and a length of 40 km. The route leads from Turnov to Přepeře and Svijany, on to Nechálov and then through Sedlíšťka to the Sychrov Chateau. From there, it heads back to Turnov via Jenišovice.
 
 

TURNOV, nám. Českého ráje – the Turnov-město railway stop (0.5 km) Přepeře, at the weir (4 km) Mokrý (6.5 km) Ploukonice (7 km) Příšovice (9 km) Svijany (11 km) Svijanský Újezd (13 km) Kobyly, Nechálov (17.5 km) Sedlíšťka (21 km) the Sychrov State Château (25 km) – Odolenovice (28,5 km) Jenišovice (30 km) Dolánky u Turnova (38 km) TURNOV (40 km)

TURNOV – the heart of the Bohemian Paradise, a town with a stone working tradition. Points of interest: the neo-renaissance town hall (originally late gothic), the Deaconate Church of St. Nicholas (originally gothic, renovated as baroque), the former monastery church of St. Francis of Assisi on the square, the neo-gothic Church of the Birth of the Virgin Mary (one of the largest neo-gothic churches in Europe), the small Church of St. John the Baptist in Nudvojovice dating from the beginning of the 13th century (originally Romanesque, renovated in the gothic style), the Hrubý Rohozec Château (originally a castle), the Turnov synagogue (one of the oldest preserved synagogues in the Czech Republic), the Jewish cemetery and the Museum of the Bohemian Paradise and the Garnet Gallery. The Valdštejn Castle and Dlask Farm (exhibitions of outdoor dwellings and agricultural tools) are located near the town.

PŘEPEŘE – the first mention of the settlement dates from 1323, the late gothic Church of Saint James the Elder dating from the mid-16th century, an old arm on the left-hand bank of the Jizera with bank growth, preserved folk architecture typical for the area along the Jizera.

MOKRÝ – the originally baroque gate (building no. 12) and the historical cross on the green, a white stork has nested on the chimney of the former cooperative dairy since 1901 - this is the only permanent nesting place in the region

PLOUKONICE – the Louda Inn with a tradition stretching back several hundred years is situated on the village green.

THE PŘÍŠOVICE PÍSEČÁK RESERVOIRS – The Small (12 ha) and Large Písečák (27 ha) were creating by sand quarrying. Recreation, fishing and surfing and yachting on Large Písečák. Swimming at your own risk.

PŘÍŠOVICE – evidence of the presence of man dating from the early stone age. Two historically valuable examples of folk architecture – the Bičík Farmstead and the Holán Farmstead (established before 1600) are typical farmsteads of the Jizera area type.

SVIJANY – numerous archaeological findings, the most valuable finding was made in 1854 (bronze cult swans from the early Iron Age). A mill (now the Perner Mill) which was established in 1420 exists in Svijany. The Svijany brewery was established in 1564. One of the battles of the Austro-Prussian War took place near the Jizera in 1866 (a military cemetery with memorials to the fallen). The birthplace of the promoter of the region, the painter Jan Prousek (1857–1914).

SVIJANSKÝ ÚJEZD – settled from the late Stone Age. Several timbered cottages dating from the 17th century, a renovated green with 28 linden trees, a small pseudo-gothic church. A municipality with a rich cultural and social life (the Svijany Beer Celebrations). A sports facility near the outdoor swimming pool.

KOBYLY – the individual settlements of the municipality are interconnected with cycle trails which connect the picturesque Mohelka Valley with the environs of Turnov. The municipality is dominated by the chapel of St. Havel dating from 1888 in Havlovice, the Chapel of St. Wenceslas dating from 1900 and several original timbered cottages.

SEDLÍŠŤKA – part of Vlastibořice, the first mention of the settlement dates from 1538, at that time the settlement belonged to the Skála estate and subsequently to the Sychrov estate in the 19th century. There is a heritage protected gate with a statue of St. Paul (building no. 9) on the green (the Hobelant Farm with an access balcony and a gable) and the Chapel of St. Peter dating from 1814 stands near the main road. Cottage no. 16 is also valuable.

THE SYCHROV STATE CHÂTEAU – an originally baroque château, it underwent classicist and neo-gothic renovations after 1840. It received its romantic appearance mainly thanks to the architect Josef Pruvota. The château houses valuable oil paintings of the ancestors of the House of Rohan and French kings and rich carving work (Petr Bušek). The château park is based on a trio of spatial axes which diverge from the park frontage. The central axis ends with a remote orangery.

JENIŠOVICE – the Church of St. George, in the baroque style dating from 1728–1744 (it includes valuable fittings from the 18th century). There is a statue of St. Anthony of Padua above the entrance. There is a column with a statue of the Virgin Mary on the green next to house no. 6 (folk stone work from the beginning of the 18th century).

DOLÁNKY – part of Turnov at the northern edge of the town at the confluence of the Jizera and the Vazovec Stream. The option of swimming, refreshments in summer, a car park, boat hire, options for in-line skating.

Related articles

Navigation

 
Infocentrum Mladá Boleslav
Železná 107
293 01 Mladá Boleslav
tel.: +420 326 109 405
email: infocentrum@kulturamb.cz
 
EU
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load